Saturday, January 10, 2015

Demo: Torre del Mangia

Last weekend, I went to Siena for a revamp project which needed some of my urban sketching.  The restaurant is Il Campo and is smack right in the middle of Piazza del Campo - the most central part of Siena. How convenient to capture the perfect view of the Torre del Mangia!! 

These are the 3 ink pieces I did that morning:

Torre del Mangia


Interior of restaurant


Bar area near the entrance


During my recent trip to Singapore for my exhibition, I was given a GoPro3 + tripod to help me make little clips like what you are about to see; which I used for the first time to make this time-lapse video.   It sure did save me half the time than my previous way of making such a clip. Here's the demo of the sketch process.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw3uLJHPABc



No comments:

Post a Comment