Saturday, May 4, 2013

Is your perspective right?

I've been sketching daily from live models daily.  This is a privilege.  Being here is a privilege.  Something I am truly grateful for.  It's a lot of work, but it's well worth it! How do you paint like Michelangelo in 3 years?  You work hard and smart.

Many of my friends back home have told me how envious they are of my travels, and would comment all the time how lucky I am to be moving around all the time. But to put things in perspective, for every fun exciting journey, there's always so much from the other side of the coin that is conveniently hidden.
My answer to the closer friends of mine is, "Are you willing to give up everything?" I dropped all that I have to come to Florence. I don't have anything left in Singapore.  Also there was a great amount push away from my hometown, from every bank I approached for a loan, to being able to rent my room to finance my school, lodging, meals, etc.  From every grant foundation or government organisation issuing scholarship grants, to the entire art scene in Singapore. (Yea, boy it's big!)  I'm glad I'm here now.

I leave this post with a quick 30min study on Labour Day (May 1) I did from my extra surface anatomy class of the pelvic area. Have a great weekend.  I know I will!  :)

Graphite on Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment