Sunday, April 21, 2013

Living life!

Week two into the Renaissance city of Florence and here are some of the sketches I done outside of class.  It's been another enlightening five days at school. Amazing work skills to learn.  I'm almost done with my first Barque. Will fill you in soon on that.

The Basilica di Santa Croce is the principal Franciscan church in Florence, Italy, and a minor basilica of the Roman Catholic Church. It is situated on the Piazza di Santa Croce, about 800m south west of the Duomo. It was my first day and first full sketch on an A4 in Florence.

This is a busy newsstand at Piazza Santo Ambrosio at Via Pietrapiana in front of St Ambrosio Church. I found a bench shared by two elder men and began sketching the scene. This is a favourite hangout spot for the nearby University students.

Here's a welcome gathering with the seniors after school last Friday here at Caffé La Cocotte on Via Gioberti. After I had my round of apertivos, I did this sketch of what was happening in the cafe. What great energy!


No comments:

Post a Comment